- This event has passed.
Adult Training – Promoting Positive Behaviour
February 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
To enable adult volunteers to proactively promote positive behaviour and appropriately manage challenging behaviour in their section.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Explain what is meant by challenging behaviour in a Scouting context.
- Explain the principles and strategies of promoting positive behaviour in the section.
- Work in partnership with young people, to define and agree acceptable standards of behaviour, to be followed by young people and adults in the section.
- Recognise possible causes and triggers of challenging behaviour.
- Identify methods of de-escalating and managing situations involving challenging behaviour.
- Describe what actions to take following acceptable standards of behaviour being challenged.
- Identify The Scout Association’s procedures related to suspensions and dismissals of young people, and when these should be used.
- List where to obtain additional help and support.